Most of us in the past or currently have an arsenal of facial products and have spent an insane amount of money on beauty products trying to keep our skin clear and healthy while fighting the inevitable aging process. One of the most natural and effective ways to cleanse skin is with an oil cleanse. Fact: Oil dissolves oil. One of the most basic principles of chemistry is that “like dissolves like.” An oil cleanse will remove makeup and balance skin, it covers it all and all you need is a washcloth, and oil base and some essential oils.
SkinCare ❤️ what is your skincare routine?
When I first did this I had a breakout, which is normal; it’s your skin detoxing. I personally do this 3-4 times a week. Over cleansing can cause an imbalance in your skin’s natural oil production, causing skin irritations to your skin. I do this in the shower but you can do it at your sink as well. I have found before bed to be best for me. If your skin still needs a little extra care—maybe a toner, moisturizer, or serum—check out Young Living’s ART® line here: Art Skin Care
If you would like to learn more about the oil cleansing method check out this site: http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/
Where to start? Here is a base guide to get you started.
1. Start with a good cleansing base oil and pour ¼ cup into a clean glass bowl. (you may have to play with this to find the perfect fit for you, using one or two of the base oils)
CLEANSING BASE OILS
All Skin Types: Olive, Sunflower, Tamanu
Oily Skin: Jojoba, Grapeseed, Sweet Almond
Dry Skin: Avocado, Apricot Kernel, Argan
2. Add 1–3 drops of one or more of the essential oils listed below:
All Skin Types: Lavender Oil, Geranium Oil, Frankincense Oil, Clary Sage Oil, Royal Hawaiian™ Sandalwood Oil
Oily Skin: Bergamot Oil, Helichrysum Oil
Dry Skin: Myrrh Oil, Rose Oil
1. Open pores by rinsing your face with warm water.
2. With upward rotations, massage oil mixture all over face for 1–2 minutes.
3. Leave mixture on face for 1 minute.
4. Saturate a clean washcloth with warm water.
5. Place towel on face and leave for 15–30 seconds.
6. Slowly and gently wipe off oil.
Repeat steps 5–6 until your face feels clean. Your skin will love an oil cleanse anywhere from twice a day to once a week, depending on how your skin responds.
If you would like to learn more about essentials oils visit me here: Merely Essentials