Did you know that coffee scrubs are great for helping to reduce cellulite? They are refreshing, pampering and beneficial. After K&K posted today about their top tips for reducing cellulite I thought I would share some of my favorite scrub recipe. Coffee Scrubs not only help to reduce cellulite but they smooth and and firm skin.
See Tone it Up 7 tips here :: https://www.toneitup.com/lifestyle/how-to-get-rid-of-cellulite/?utm_campaign=How+To+Get+RID+of+Cellulite%21+%28pvmLUs%29&utm_medium=email&_ke=bGlsbWFtYTIzQGNveC5uZXQ%3D&utm_source=Full+Mailing+List Number 4 is coffee scrub!
First I use essential oils in my scrubs and I only use the best because I am very careful about what I am putting into my body and on my skin…since your skin is your largest organ. Your skin absorbs 60% – 80% of what it comes in contact with. I prefer not to rub chemicals all over me, I eat healthy, workout daily..why would I sabotage myself with chemicals on my skin? I wouldn’t. To see the essential oils I use click here :: http://theoilery.net/team-members/faith-2/
So what oils do I add to my scrubs? here are a few suggestions, I like to switch them up!
- Grapefruit :: it detoxifies and helps to remove cellulite. I also eat grapefruit on a weekly basis, it has vitamin c and aids in weight loss.
- Cypress :: it improves blood circulation, prevents fluid retention, and detoxifies.
- Germanium :: not only does this one help with reducing cellulite but it’s also skin toning. I also use this on my face.
- Rosemary :: because I love the smell for one but it’s great for blood circulation.
- Cinnamon :: increases circulation and re-enforces connective tissue. I also eat a lot of cinnamon, love it sprinkled on my apples and trail mix.
- Citrus Fresh :: this is one of my favorites because it’s great for blood circulation, water retention, tightens skin, and strengthens blood vessels.
- Lemongrass :: is an awesome oil but it has an amazing way of reducing cellulite.
- 1 Cup ground organic coffee
- 1 Cup organic sugar or salt
- ½ Cup organic coconut oil
- ½ Tablespoon cinnamon (optional)
- 6-8 drops essential oil
- Melt coconut oil and allow it to cool but not solidify.
- Mix all ingredients together and store in an airtight container or mason jar.
- Use 1-2 times a week (or every day if you like).
HOW TO USE
Using a palm full of the scrub, start towards the end of your body (towards your feet) and work your way up exfoliating in a circular motion until you’ve reached your neck. You can use this on your face if you’d like, it just depends on your skin’s sensitivity to exfoliants. (If you have a caffeine sensitivity you may want to use these only in the morning so it doesn’t prevent you from getting to bed on time) Let set for 15 to 30 minutes and then rinse. Store in an airtight bag or mason jar if you have any leftover.
Note :: be prepared to get really messy in the shower before you get clean, the coffee grounds will go everywhere! But that’s the fun of it, right?
Additional Option :: You can also make individual scrubs. simply add the mix to muffin tin, freeze for about 25-35 minutes, pop them out and then store in airtight container in the freezer until you’re ready to use one. Grab one and head to the shower.